TWO COLUMN NOTES – The World’s Easiest Graphic Organizer
Fold a piece of paper in half and – voilà! – you’ve got the world’s easiest graphic organizer!
You can use that sheet of paper folded into two columns in a whole range of ways for responding to literature. Here are a dozen ideas:
- I read/I wonder
- I read/I think or interpret
- I wonder/I think (or I know)
- Figurative language/What it means
- Tricky words/Meanings
- Key ideas/Supporting details
- Topic Sentences/Supporting details
- Character/Decisions or dilemmas
- What the text says/What I think
- What’s Important/What’s interesting
- What I Knew/What is New
- Opinion/Support or proof
For a different twist on traditional two-column organizers, try flap books!
Click here for instructions.